Bike / scooter / dog tickets
Travelling with your bike
Bicycles are allowed on metros and buses; you must be in possession of an additional transport ticket for your bicycle. It is imperative that there is enough room for the bike, which means avoiding travelling during peak hours when there are a greater number of passengers.
A “bicycle” pictogram is affixed to the outside of each vehicle to indicate the recommended access door. During the journey, you must stay next to your bike to ensure its safety and stability.
- Reduced price.
- A foldable bicycle, folded and packed in a bicycle bag, is free of charge. Children between 6 and 15 years old travel free with their bike if they are accompanied by a customer over 16 years old with a valid transport ticket. Transport remains free in all cases for children under 6 years old.
- At ticket machines by clicking on Supplements then Bike
- SMS to 456: GLR (CHF 2.40) or ‘bike tl’ (CHF 5.-) (valid unlimited all day)
Also discover Bike pass tl+
- Cargo bikes and bikes longer than 2m (tandems, recumbent bikes, tricycles, etc.) are prohibited on board. Bicycles are also prohibited on journeys operated by minibus (there is not enough space).
- The bicycle pass is valid on our entire tl and LEB network.
In the event of large crowds (e.g. events), the transport of bicycles may be prohibited.
Travelling with your scooter
If I fold my scooter it’s free.
Only a collapsible, folded scooter is free. An unfolded scooter is considered a bicycle and, therefore, subject to the carrying of an appropriate transport ticket. You will also need a valid transport ticket for yourself.
- Folded scooter: Free of charge if folded
- Non-folded scooter: reduced rate (same as bike)
- At ticket machines by clicking on ‘Supplements’ then ‘Bike’
- SMS to 456: GLR (2,40chf) or ‘bike tl’ (5.-) (valid unlimited all day).
Travelling with your dog
- Reduced price.
- Free for small dogs (up to 30cm in height at the shoulder or at the withers) if they are transported in a suitable cage or basket. They are then considered as hand luggage.
- Free if the dog accompanies a visually impaired person and for working dogs, provided they have a valid identification card.
At ticket machines
- Dogs are not allowed on seats.
- Passengers accompanying them are responsible for any damage caused.
- Dogs must be kept on a very short leash (1 metre max.).